View Single Post
Old March 11th 2008, 13:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatoniashoprat View Post
Rob,

The IC I used is just called a 555 timer, its very common. Its a device that can be put into two modes, stable or astable. Astable mode makes it just output a pulse at a whatever speed is dictated by the resistors in the circuit. If you run into problems with your VSS or somebody else wants this info I can make a circuit diagram to upload with all the necessary components.

The only other CELs I get on mine are thing like fuel tank pressure and temperature. If these are the same ones you're getting, they're very easy to trick. Below is info for correcting the two codes I got. I didn't actually go through with this to get rid of the codes because I'm not running a CEL, I just scan it if I notice a problem.

183. The fuel temp info to ecm is wrong. It's expecting to see 4.71v or less. That should be easy to fix, just send 5v thru resistor to that ECM wire. You may have some other sensor that provides the right voltage. Just jump it to that terminal.

463. Fuel level sensor. It expects more than 10.9v with ignition on, around 3v when running. That should be easy fix. See if your current fuel sender provides 3 vdc. Then send that voltage to ecm.

Let me know if you are getting other codes and I may be able to help

Mike

Thanks Mike, that's great info! Exactly what I am looking for !.
I'm not running a second O2 sensor, so I somehow need to trick it into thinking that one's there as well.

Rob.