View Single Post
Old October 9th 2008, 19:03

As spring came I started driving my bug more and more, but something felt wrong so I sent my carb to have it reconditioned and the guy did and awesome job.

After that I had to take our equivalent of the MOT so I had to do a complete brake system overhaul. That was my biggest job on the bug at that time.
Then I found an ad about a couple of type4 engines, so I went and bought a 2000cc CJ engine.

After that I started gathering parts to do a Cali conversion, thinking I wont have enough money to get a porsche style cooling system. But I put that project on hold for a while.

In may, me and my girlfriend went to Hannover at the Maikaefertreffen, as my birthday present. I can't describe how nice that was.
I didnt have too much money to spend for parts in Germany, but I had to get something for my bug, so I got an antenna because mine was broken, and also a "Quick-shift kit" that I installed and it's great.
You can see all the pics I took HERE
Shortly after we came back, there was a beetle meeting in my country, in the city of Timisoara, so we went there too. It was great fun.
Pics HERE
I found something that I wanted for a long time at that meeting: a pair of Opel Manta side mirrors.

And that was one of the last times I drove my bug, because something pretty nice happened...