View Single Post
Old November 7th 2008, 19:37

I think that would only be true if the calipers were the same size front/rear, and if the 19mm would push enough fluid to succesfully move the big NA 944 front caliper pistons.
Your thinking makes perfect sense, but imho the total volume of the pistons inside the calipers at full braking (expanded the most / brakes locked) has to be equal or lower to the volume of the piston inside the MC when pedal is released. If it's bigger then there's a big problem.
So yes, the lowest volume MC piston is the best, but there's a lower limit, and there's also a higher limit, to the point where brake effort is too high, and pedal travel is extremely small.
The question is: does the 19mm MC fit somewhere above that lower limit? Ofcourse on the street/track you could get great results, and good braking because the bug is so light.
And the second question is: what does that do to the rear, lower volume calipers? Probably locking them too early.

That's just my late night thinking, and the only fluid dynamics classes I took were in college, so I could be very wrong.

Anyway I'll just do the extra plumbing and mount the MC the normal way.
Thank you for your response, I apreciate it.

Last edited by Xellex; November 7th 2008 at 19:54.