View Single Post
Old November 21st 2005, 04:54

That's what I was getting at
Obviously we also want them to look good but anything we add is orientated around performance, not sticking things on to the car for the sake of it, and it is all done properly with a quality feel. Kind of like the Ruf of the Porsche world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Ninja
I think what Ricola is trying to say is that when planning to build these great cars, we first concentrate on the fundamentals of what needs to be done to get most out of our cars then concentrate on what we want it to look like. As opposed to say the resto-custom crowd who are going for a certain look and could care less about handling and braking, or the vintage crowd. Another example is the Cal Look crowd with all the rules on how their cars have to look. We don't have specific rules on what our rides have to look like but they have to have certain mechanical traits, i.e. upgraded brakes, suspension, 5 speeds though not required are encouraged, power enough to use all of that, more modern gauges, sport seats....German Lookers are not rat rods so we want a tasteful paint job, modern performance cars usually don't have a lot of chrome so most GLers have shaved turn signals and painted bumpers. Form follows function.