Thread: 944 struts?
View Single Post
Old June 24th 2009, 08:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafer.chris View Post
evilC you star that is the info i was searchin for ......

any pics ?

i got the complete front end from 944 and was thinking i could use it and fit a adjustable kit then just swop them over fit 17mm bottom ball joint and away i go...

i got the bottom a arms too..could i press the ball joint out of these or are they not a press in fitting??

cheers chris
Hi Chris,

I've just responded to Pantswagen on the 944 installation so please read that as well. PM me with your e-mail address and I will return some photos (I am useless at posting photos on forums).

Just to expand on the bottom arm TCA thing. I used a 50x30x3 RHS section with sleeves (48mm tube reamed out for the standard inner bush and 1 1/2" tube reamed out for the anti-roll bar) for the poly bushes. At the outer end I have a 6mm plate drilled for the bolt on 944 bottom ball joint. The whole thing was easy to fabricate and although it is probably over-engineered with too thick sections it looks intrinically right as you will see.

On extending the steering track rods, I cut the threaded ends out of the existing ones that I sweated and welded into some 1/2" pipe that again looks about right but is very strong.

Clive