Thread: 944 struts?
View Single Post
Old June 30th 2009, 22:36

Xellex,

Couple of good points you made, and as I continued you research the jumped at me..

You are right about the pre 86 944 stuff. I checked last night and I have two sets of 87+ struts.. which as you alluded are not compatible with the 2 bolt SB stuff.. the whole skinny vs thick.

I has the struts laying around, and I had a few other parts from a younger brother's honda crx that I wanted to play with.. as in adjustable collar and springs like the one in the pics..

Incidently that top mount is made by who? Looks adjustable..Is it?

So from your experience, the 944 strut insert is the same relative size as the 1303? I have read that some 944 guys were using 1303 in the pre 86 strut.. but they seemed to imply a little drop..

Either way I am stuck now because while I do have the later stuff, I can't use it on my 944 NA spindles or my SB spindles.. I have a set of front arms and kersher bj that I wanted to use with this idea, and save it for back up.. or my other project..

Seems like I need to barter with the 944 folks.. to get some pre 86 stuff.. and trade my later spindles and struts assemblies..

BTW those pics you uploaded were very helpful
Alex
Tele: 973 204-5463