View Single Post
Old September 26th 2006, 16:23

My theory is this.

I'd love to build the perfect front end for a Beelte, but I don't have access to the maths to work it out.

I'd love to bolt an optimised system straight to my frame head and 'drive away' but nobody make a commercially available system yet....?

Even if I did design my own system, I understand that just one of the elements needs to be only slightly out to screw everything up so it would end up being dreadful anyway.

The VW trailing arm is very poor anyway so it doesn't take much to improve on it.

Whilst the MII system is by no means perfect, it is a pretty good effort and certainly a massive improvement on standard.

It allows the easy fitment of big brakes, comes in attractive chrome finshes with many variable options and is complete as a unit including steering.

If someone can come up with an easier, cheaper and more optimized bolt on system, let me know?

On the basis that I'll be doing an IRS conversion, chopping a G50 trans into the pan, cutting off a frame head and fabricating mounts for an all in one front end shouln't be too difficult as long as it's correctly jigged and mounted?