View Single Post
Old April 21st 2005, 17:50

Quote:
I would really like someone to really produce a working shroud for this fan
Look for that one to come from right here in late 2006 or early 2007....

But I won't be working on one for a Type I engine, only Type IV.

My preliminary design includes the use of the OEM 911 diverter as well as added airfoils and directional vanes to get the air where it belongs.

Sandeep, While there is a documented 6HP loss from the Porsche set up, there is also a documented 23HP loss on the same dyno, with the same heads and cylinders and same drive ratio as the 6HP loss. Six HP is the absolute least i have ever seen with any 911 system- ever. Most are 15-18 or more.

At dyno day I made 187 HP with the belt on with my 3 liter DTM cooled engine, when the belt was popped that went to 195HP- do the math and atleast 4 members of this forum witnessed the numbers. My DTM is driven just like any other, the stock TI drive ratio @ 1.58:1

Making a 911 system that cools all 4 cylinders equally and doesn't rob HP is possibly going to be the biggest challenge I have ever taken on yet. I really doubt I can beat the DTM, but from what I have seen if I even get it to cool evenly they will sell like a maniac just because of that damn look.

Any system I work with will be set up to ustilize genuine Porsche alternator ring, fan and etc.