View Single Post
Old December 31st 2004, 13:58

The Käfer-Cup was organized by Klaus Moorhammer and Hubert Hottinger. Hubert Hottinger sells part time (?) Porsche Parts, this year I saw him at the Bitburg Racetrack (DAS Drag Day).
Some Käfer Cup cars now race at the Divinol Cup (Race Series), I remember the Raschig team, Dirk Torwesten... Other race in their spare time 4-6 times a year at the DSK (Deutscher Sportfahrer Kreis = German Sportsdriver Community) "freies fahren" (Free driving) at the Hockenheimring, Nürburgring Grand Prix Race Track or the Nordschleife. The event "freies fahren" is for private drivers, everybody can attend and show his/her skills... This year I saw 2 bugs and 1 VW Bus with 993 engine driving.

Maybe the German company "MPS-Medien Post Shop, 45678 Herten" sells Käfer-Cup Videos, BUT I don't know if this company still exists. They advertised in a magazine called "VW Scene".

At May 1st, there will be the "Maikäfer Treffen", with about 1000 cars, a really big swap meet, many dealers (GWD, Knuf, CSP) and the VW Speed, VW Scene & WOB magazine - may be I find there videos or meet Klaus Moorhammer, Hubert Hottinger or someone of the German VW press...

I have a video where three T3 VW busses with Porsche engines (993, 996) race against each other at the Hockenheimring, but it is 370 MB Mpeg big...

Norbert