View Single Post
Old November 8th 2007, 16:06

Eaton,

Good question and this is a topic I am wrestling with. At the moment my car is in pieces and I am working on my chasis, but end state I am curious how the car will handle at 100+ mph on a track (road course) and determine what kind of aerodynamic aids will be needed to maintain stability, both straight line and going around curves...

Similarly, I have a 1303 with a 5 speed, and a 2.7 (in pieces) that will drive my car. Based on my experiece at the track, I would like to drive the car to about 120-130. This objective time, while not the fastest, should make the car fun and still competitive in HPDE..against some of those higher hp cars. That top speed coupled with good handling, high trackout speed.. should keep me on pace.

I am not sure if this is asking for trouble, but if I can get to 115-120 safely, and maintain stability at those high speeds down the straights, and good track out speeds, I will have meet my goals.

Now in order to do that I have two front spoilers that I will play with..
I have seen a few products that have caught my attention, from V-force in Australia such as there rear wing and early light conversion fenders that have an extention on the bottom of the fender to help with air deflection and reduce lift. Also there are many rear wings that could be adapted to the back of the bug... from some of the modern cars.. Lastly I have eyed those roof spoilers, that while simple, might be effective?

None the less, I would be curious to hear what some folks think..
I know there are a few that have gone into this unchartered territory, usually reserved for other cars.. so all ears
VR
Alex
Tele: 973 204-5463