View Single Post
Old February 7th 2012, 11:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alex- View Post
Few years ago i started to think that if beetle could be built to handle real sportcars, it would be very cool..

I have seen that this is possible to some point so far, what do you think? I think only limit is laws of different countries and poor aerodynamics compared to more modern cars

Definetly you dont see too often beetle compared to some more modern sportcar, thats way its nice to surprise people
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alex- View Post
Ok, basis for my thoughts were beetle with mendeola suspension or prepped 1303 suspension with big porsche brakes, adjustable shocks etc, fat tires, 5-speed transaxles, 2,5-3,0 litre engines N/A or turbo, modified aerodynamics and so on

Power to weigth ratio close to modern basic 911's, corvettes and older ferraris. With the same money you can build really nice beetle, if you have engineering skills and time.
I think your plan puts you well on your way to your desired results. Post your progress. Reading everyone's projects keeps me interested in getting back into the game even though my eyes have been straying a bit lately.