Thread: VWoA email
View Single Post
Old October 25th 2004, 18:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman
I don't think that GL or VKG will be bothered because neither has "beetle" or vw" in their domain. Unless they copyright "kafer" soon. I have read the above but exactly what sentence has the part about it "becomes their property if accepted".
Superman, that wasn't written on their terms and conditions page. Thats how I interpreted it.

Read the section regarding "Standards and Monitoring"

The letter "V" and the letter "W" arranged together side by side, or over-under inside a circle, the word "Volkswagen", and their various slogans belong to VWAG, and VWOA. If permission were granted to use those symbols on a non-commercial basis, then you are using their property (so they say) and are subject to rules and regs drawn up by VWAG and VWOA regarding where you put the "V" and the "W", how you arrange them together, how big they are, what color they are, how many times you use the "V" and the "W" together, which emblem design you use, etc...

No, by signing a licensing agreement you do not make VWAG and VWOA owners or YOUR material, BUT you give them control of your material and it's presentation.

In my mind thats 9/10ths of ownership.
'83 928S 4.7

Last edited by yetibone; October 25th 2004 at 18:39.