View Single Post
Old March 26th 2005, 05:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricola
Hi Sam,
What gearbox will you be running and what bhp?
I'm trying to work out what box to use with 260bhp of WRX RA power
Rich
I have a Raby B transmission fitted, will be about 150-160bhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K.
Looking good Sam. Feels good to freshen up, huh? Nice seats and wheels.

Just wondering how you routed the ignition box trigger wire from distributor to the uder the rear seat... After reading the instructions that came with mine, I routed the trigger wire seperate from the high voltage coil +/- wires. I ran the trigger wire through the firewall, under the luggage compartment, and through the rear bulkhead to under the rear seat. The coil wires go through the left rear quarter panel passage. Appearantly, the coil wires can cross-talk over to the trigger wire and cause miss-fires. I don't know if this is a reality, but thought I would mention it.

I see you have a 3-bar Kafer brace, but have you welded the frame horn seams and added a intermediate trans mount? RAT T4 torque can wreck the gearbox without support...
Cheers Bill, feels really good to freshen up and finally do some of the things I have been planning for a while.
Currently the wires are all routed together from under the rear seat through the bulkhead thats under there too, up under the parcelshelf and through another grommet into the engine bay.. After you have said it may cause crosstalk I will be rerouting and using some braided stuff I have to surroud the wires, I will then earth the braid. This should remove most of the risk of crosstalk.

The 3 bar system stiffens the rear end up enormously, I can stand on the end of the frame horns and bounce up and down the gearbox WONT move seperatly to the car.... And I am not the smallest of people.. I have been looking at adding the two additional bars to turn the 3 bar into a 5 bar system, and I think I will be getting the intermediate mount for the gearbox too... Perhaps I could tie that into the brace bars too and have myself a 7 bar system!

Anyways, got to go... Got uprated antirollbars to fit today, along with a small mountain of urethane goodies! Will be taking more pictures, so if theres anything good in there I will stick them up here later

Cya,
Sam C
Raby 2270, B spec gearbox, Lots of carbon fibre, Wolfrace Octane Black 17x7.5, Goodyear Eagle F1's, Kerscher suspension front and rear, kamei airdam in carbon, corbeau seats, momo millunium steering wheel.
CDT eurosport 6.5 front speakers, IDMAX 12D2 sub, rockford old school amps.