View Single Post
Old July 31st 2006, 02:38

Y'know, vwdevotee, I looked at your original post and I think you should reconsider. Do what you want, f'sure, but just consider this ...

You have these great plans stated. You called it an "autobahn bomber." I think you should consider doing a 1303 -- and since you are looking at r&p as a priority, a 1975 model specifically.

Don't get me wrong. I have a 1971 Super myself. I like the flat screen, too. But if you are going for a full-on German Looker, don't you want one that is aerodynamically superior? A 1303 because of its round windscreen is that.

Now, we all know Beetles -- Super or not -- are not the most aerodynamic beasts to begin with. They are fun to manipulate into our own works of functional art. If a flat screen is more important than the fraction of a difference advantage of a round screen, by all means get a 1302 and do the r&p conversion. I'm just throwing out some ideas that have rattled through my head.

Originally, I was going to do an all-out 1975 1303. I stumbled across the car I have and bought it. My ideas for it became more subdued. My next car -- whenever that might be -- will likely be that '75. Then again, I like both flatties and roundies.