View Single Post
Old December 16th 2010, 05:44

Im buliding a 2789cc pauter engine for my street car. There seems to be a bit of wrong info here regarding the pauter engine.
There is no such thing as a type 4 pauter engine, Pauters only make super pro heads in type 4 stud pattern., no engine blocks
Pauter blocks are available in type 1 stud pattern, autocraft stud pattern , arpm stud pattern and pauters own spread bore stud pattern for 4 plus bore sizes.
the blocks accept either a type 1 flanged crank with type 4 mains, this block has a steel back chrysler main and proper thrust bearing, the chrysler main is the same diameter as the type 4!
The other block in pauters spread bore pattern uses ford 351 v8 main bearings, and pauters billet crank.

I have Don pauters blessing with what I am doing. My compression will be set at 9.5:! and will run on 98 pump gas.
Cylinder heads fins have been deepened by Don for street use
I will have mine on our super flow 902 engine dyno later in the year. and then in my 65 bug.

I don'nt think Pauters encourage the sale of the engines for street use as they do not have a complete off the shelf street package, however if you call them and let them know you have the capability of seeing the project through, they will entertain you. Don is a great guy, very helpfull and truthfull.