Thread: Oval Bugster
View Single Post
Old August 28th 2012, 21:54

Wally, my thoughts exactly. One thing neither of them did was create a pie section and re-use the sills. Looking at the Porsche Boxster steel material diagram, both cut out the seat mounts which looks to be a sort of integral stiftening piece, and where I think Bugster should have included some sort of roll cage, the Swedes are turning this thing into a tank. It's easy to talk about what to do, I'll have to find my own way, I think possibly replacing each sill area with a 2" or 2.5" CroMo tube that is anchored on good plates may work out just fine.

Riseabove, I really like what they are doing, it's just that they are adding a LOT of extra weight in the amount and diameter of tubing they are using, but I don't know what sort of final use they have for this, if it will see a lot of time racing on a circuit, it may need the amount of re-informent they are adding. But for example, the addition of the old style engine cover added a lot of weight that probably didn't need to be added, as well they reduce the storage of the interior.

Jason
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Oval Ragster-'57 Rag/'04 Boxster S