View Single Post
Old April 17th 2009, 13:28
Administrator

I wish I could have typed my second part fast enough to get it in before other posts were made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugorsh View Post
I'm sure there are details on both sides that will remain private. I thought VW owners were a special breed and tried to get along. I just think it could have been handled better by everyone involved.

Edit: I'll let him know about the link.
Yes it could have been handled better.

1st: Superman should have posted when questions were asked on other forums when germanlook went down instead of having someone else act as his spokesperson. This put you in a bad spot as you did not have all the facts.

2nd: He did not ask that the site remain on germanlook.com he said that the content belonged to the germanlook community but the domain name was his. He offered to hoast the site on his server but did not make that part of the deal. He was just looking to get everyone off his back. We came up with the plan to change the hoasting plan and domain name because the track record of hoasting it with him was very bad and putting all of the work needed into rebuilding the site would not be worth that risk.
I tried to contact him several times but he could not be reached and would not call back nor has he replied to my emails.

We tried to get this site up as fast as possible and stay within the agreement I had with Superman. For him to go back and change his tune now is poor form. I will keep the rest of my coments to myself.
66 Beetle, 73 Standard Beetle
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe

Last edited by NO_H2O; April 17th 2009 at 22:41.