View Single Post
Old May 11th 2006, 18:26

Hi all,

Zeroaxe,
Thanks for the comments about the car and the plate was a bonus, it’s the original plate that came with the car.

Mikey,
My rear coil springs are helpers only they and they have a very light spring rate, just to allow me to corner weight the car and adjust the handling.
The only time wheel hop occurs is when I do a burn out it starts to hop after I have hooked second gear and I’m not the in to doing burn outs, however a rear bracing system is on the drawing board, I can’t use a Kafer style bar due to other components in the way. I have a system in mind and when its done I’ll post some pictures and drawings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey
Look at it this way, if you're going coil-overs. A 3 bar brace is better than nothing, but from what I've heard the best way to go with coil-overs is a 5 bar brace. I really don't need a 5 bar brace with the set up I'm using now, but then again some might say I don't need to go Subaru.
If you're going with the stock torsion suspension and just want to eleminate 'wheel hop' and stiffen the rear suspension, go with the 3 bar.
I have a question for you based on your above comment, if you fit a 3 bar “kafer cup type” set up to a std IRS rear end how does it work?
- Is the upper shock mount supporting the frame horns?
- Are the frame horns supporting the upper shock mounts?

Food for thought

Scott