View Single Post
Old December 11th 2002, 21:35

Talking beetle08

Thanks!

The steering system is late 1974 Superbeetle. It's not the rack and pinion system; it's worm and ring. It does have a steering damper though. Late model struts.

I had a 901 box in the car. The 915 is sitting in my garage. I have taken measurements and I will need to figure something out as far as fitment of the nosecone. The flanges I'm using are off of a 901 box. The nosecone; I am trying to adapt a 901 cone to it. I'm not sure how it will work at this time. As far as axles and flanges; the car is going through surgery right now so it will depend on how everything lines up. The front spindles are being swapped out for 944 units with 993/996 brakes (monoblock calipers), the rear is being swapped out for 944 trailing arms and shafts with Porsche brakes as well. A lot of the fitment of the box and drive shafts will have to be trial and error.

Other current modifications are: Kevlar shroud from Sharpbuilt, front RACIMEX oil cooler with thermostat, and dry sump lubrication system. Also, I'm trying to mold a Kevlar Kamei spoiler. Lots of stuff on the list!

I will take many pictures of all the modifications and have descriptions to post as well.

Thanks for the comments. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.
2001 Golf GLS 1.8T