View Single Post
Old May 14th 2006, 02:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevw
I'll try to take some pics this weekend. What problems are you having?
Well, I am trying to utilize the adjust-a-struts that I already have, and I am unable to fit the threaded sleeve that came with my "coil-over" kit onto the strut housing (Diameter of sleeve too small).

So what I have together thus far is the Adjust-a-strut with the bottom spring perch cut off (leaving just a small sleeve on the strut housing) that the New spring perch (Al, from the coil over kit) rests on then the spring, top perch and top bearing.

The problem is that with the strut adjusted as high as possible, the strut assembly is too short, making the car too low for my cup IIs.

- What I really need to see is if people have used the generic coil over kits like the one I have, AND if they used a stock strut housing, or an adjust-a-strut as a base for the conversion.

My other option is to use the STOCK strut housings and shorten them to use a MK1 Golf strut insert (like the adjust a struts) then use the aluminum threaded sleeves that came with the "coil over" kit for adjustability. I am able to use the sleeves in this instance because the stock struts have a smaller diameter housing.

The main goal of this headache is to have a height/corner weight adjustable front suspension with a readily availabe variety of different stiffness springs, and not pay $500 for something I can make.

Last edited by LLVWGL; May 14th 2006 at 03:09.