View Single Post
Old February 10th 2007, 03:31

Thanx for the replys guys!!!

bigguy, Ive already considered the relief vents on the wings, i just need to prove the best position and the see the results. The problem is that while the best place for the slots/holes for fender relief might cause too much turbulance on the side of the car. This is for stock shaped fenders... In my high speed version body kit the fenders look more like a 935 k3 porsche

Why not fit a 1303?? i wished the tunnel was that big. A motorbike fits though with rider, so i thought that I could use the right side of a real beetle since length and height are not a problem as is width.

If this works, Judgie, here is where u can help a lot with your skills. maybe fab and try different spoilers... and here is where we could try NACA duct (or any duct) positioning with a different piece of equipment we have that measures relative pressures on surfaces ( the lab i did was based on a NACA aerofoil and we measured 14 positions around it at 5 different angles of attack)

Wally, 100 mph is 160 km/h which is 44.44 m/s. I will start at about 80 km/h (around 22.22 m/s) and check the model's rigidity, and if it all is well, will crank the thing up to 70 m/s (almost 252 km/h - 157.5 mph). I am really interested in high max speed aerodynamics, cos i want to prove that with the correct modifications to the fenders, bonnet and decklid, this kind of speeds is achievable (while NOT altering the centreline profile of the roof and the shape of the roof )

Cheers,

Chris

1973 1303 going towards GL