View Single Post
Old January 16th 2003, 15:57

Talking

At least make it "Käfer" :hehehe: :hehehe: :hehehe:

And here is your :help: : For the ä press and hold the right alt key and punch in 132 from the number keys to get the ASCII code for it.

About the club or clubs:

There are a few concerns that need to be addressed though:
It would not be a problem to create forums for the different regions of VKG. This way you could have a generic forum to address issues for the entire a club and use the location forums to discuss meets....shows....BBQs.....etc.

We here at Germanlook will support either way you want to go as long as GL.com is supported. The idea is not to start having tech articles, Galleries of parts etc on the website of the local club.
The intention of GermanLook.com was to have the information as a central access point on the net. We are only 6 months old and we have grown quite a bit and would like to continue to do so.
Actually when I think I like the idea better to have independant clubs and have the GL.com the site that puts or ties them together. But that is my personal point of view. We are still trying to find advertisers sponsers for the site and we are trying to find them around the world to give the site a more global feel to it to reach out to everyone and spread the word about GermanLook ACVWs.

We do have a strong group from the UK with cars done and cars being build.There should be enough to get something going there.
It is just a matter of deciding which route to go.

I vote for independant.
The reason is becasue the bigger you get the more complicated it will get.

Alex

Hmm I just thought of something.....what about having national clubs......like VKG for the US, XYZ for the UK and so on?