View Single Post
Old November 7th 2005, 04:46

When I was car shopping, I considered a Type 3. There were so few in good enough shape available or worth bringing to the east coast, it wasn't even funny. There was one Notch in Vancouver I considered, two Fasties, and a Type 34 Ghia I agreed to buy except the scoundrel decided I needed to buy "$10,000 worth of parts for an additional $4,000" as well. That addendum killed the deal.

Four cars in more than a year of searching was fairly daunting.

Now having said that, I am shocked by your answer. I have been reading the Subaru threads and I have seen your site. So with all of that going on, I'm surprised you are suggesting an engine which may make 85-100 HP.

For all I know, 85-100 HP may indeed be enough. My wife's Golf TDI is only listed at 90 HP if memory serves me correctly. I think the torque is in the 150 FT-LB range, however. Her Golf is clearly heavier than my little 1302. I am hoping I get to be a passenger in a bunch of cars at Dyno Day.

I hate being clueless.

I can handle waiting. At some point I can handle the necessary expense -- depending what it is, and obviously, up to a point.

Are you saying the expense makes the 2270 undesirable? Are you saying there are going to be longevity issues after making such a financial commitment?