View Single Post
Old November 7th 2005, 15:28

thats kinda what im saying, all the extra work and stuff for the 2270 just dosnt make sense to me when for the power..
the 2l should make a good 100 hp give or take.
the 2270 that jake makes, last i checked makes 150-160? right?
thats with dyno tuning, and some stuff we dont know. id say once you get it running, youll be making 130-140 out of it. i dont think the huge expense is worth that amount of power increase.
Its more of a simplicity reason in my mind i guess. when you drive your stock 1600 around, it just....feels reliable and works. if you put 4 grand of parts into that 1600, it would be hella fast, but i for one would be scared of it breaking and id be **** outta luck. it could be even worse with the type 4. But think if you had a 2 liter t4. it was a stock engine size. You didnt do much work to it, blah blah. If it blew, they are cheap. I dont know about you, but i got two, 2l t4 engines back then, complete for 100 bucks a piece.

btw i never suggested a subaru conversion, i know its alot of work, and i think my site shows that. Im not saying ones better than the other either, you look at the specs and compare the good and bad and make your own choice.