View Single Post
Old November 11th 2005, 04:05

oh, i totally understand wally i wub aircooled motors. And i know exactly where you are coming from from the nostalgia thing, A hipo vw motor just......looks hella awesome, sounds hella awesome, dosnt need water, and makes WAY more power than its supposed to! haha.

Quote:
The only thing that separates the VW from any car in the world is the aircooled engine.. Removing the aircooled engine creates a car that may as well be a Ford Pinto or Chevy Chevette- Both were economy cars of the same era!
my statement above was in response to the relation of a pinto to a vw with a motor swap.... im not seeing any similarities at all.

And theres way more to a vw that separates it from any car in the world than just its engine. What about its simple, lightweight yet very developed chassis? Real independent suspension? What about the rear engined platform? Isnt that what "german look" is all about?

i Do agree with you jake that the whole engine buildup of a type 4 and a type 1 actually will end up costing similar prices.

-Ryan