View Single Post
Old November 24th 2005, 02:41

You guys are nuts! a budget of 8k for an engine!? 10K for a TIV!??? And we are not talling about chassis upgrades (brakes, suspensions), transmission, wheels, the list goes on. Why don't you go and buy yourself a good whole Porsche 3.2L for around 17k!? Tabarnak! nowadays there is no modern car company that sells their "little" engines for such a big price.

Wake up, for that matter it is true that a complete subi ej20 sells for 450$,a ej20T for 650$ and a Twin Turbo with anougth power to tear up your transmission for 850$. Of course the problem is to have someone to install it but I'm just talking about the basic price before instalation. i was no big fan of Subi power but i'm thinking about it...

I'm a little disgusted. Don't get me wrong: I'm totally into German Look and what it implies, but I think that a beetle is a little Porsche, and it will stay a LITTLE Porsche, as long as you have fun with it. Then if you wan real power, serious handling, go with a real porsche, or you will end up paying twice the price of a porsche for a car that want's to be but never quite will... Ouf, feel better now that I let some steam out. Sorry guys, I know this doesn't help, it is just opinions.