View Single Post
Old November 26th 2005, 01:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Type IV
Real VWs don't have radiators- either from the factory or otherwise..

Like I said before- The aircooled characteristic of the VW is the only thing that separates it from any other economy car of the era... Be it a Ford Pinto, Chevy Chevette, or Toyota Corolla....

Taking that away from it creates a pretty wothless car to a true VW enthusiast, a vehicle that has no historical value.

But of course this is coming from someone that refuses to own a car with a radiator....
Does a split window with a type 4 engine in it have historical value? hahahahaha

or should i say, does a german look super have historical value? Most people on these forums dont give a flying F%#@ what their car is worth to a "true" enthusiast, whatever that is. They build the car for themselves, they build their car to what they want, not to what some stupid "historical value rule list of mods" tells them they can and cant do.

You forget, in many peoples eyes, A TRUE vw enthusiast likes NOS parts and og engine tin, OLDest bugs you can find, AND mods that werent factory are Taboo, thats historical value

Your on the wrong forums jake if you are a "True" vw enthusiast who is only into "historical" aspects of a car, i believe that is "cal-look" or the keep it stock forums hahah. German look is about making your car handle, stop, and go fast, all at the same time.

you make it sound like if subaru made a aircooled engine, it would make it valuable to a true vw enthusiast. bs.

your engines use a totally aftermarket cooling system(dtm) just like mine does. neither of which have any historical value.

-Ryan