View Single Post
Old November 27th 2005, 07:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO_H2O
I can assemble one of Jakes type 4 kits for you.
I was wondering how you would feel about being conscripted into service.

Quote:
Please do some looking at the difference between the Type 1 and Type 4.
I have been looking and lurking about this since before I even bought my car. I will continue to do so. There may be other considerations for me but I wanted to keep this exercize on the simple side.

Quote:
Granted the cooling conversion is a bit more costly ...
The cooling conversion should have been included in my hypothetical eight grand but at this point I am satisfied with the answers I have received. Until I have further questions, there is no sense in pushing or nitpicking this any further ... unless there is another option to be considered.

When I have a concrete budget, then the devil (me ) will be in the details. No, I am not budgeting for concrete.

Quote:
the exhaust is just a little more but not as bad as it once was thanks to Jake and Tiger at A1. Jake is working on an even cheaper exheast that will still be made in the USA.
The exhausts I have seen that I would want aren't cheap. That goes for the Type 1 exhaust as well as the Type 4 exhaust.

The exhaust is obviously an important component to the engine itself. I have certain parameters that are important to me as well. I purposely kept the exhaust a separate issue and out of the budgetary constraints because there are a lot more exhausts I wouldn't consider than there are that I would.

I will continue to lurk, look and learn on that front, too. :agree: