View Single Post
Old May 19th 2013, 03:15

A little update: So last Memorial Day weekend I broke the 02J tranny I had in this car. It's been pretty much just sitting there ever since, but about a month ago I decided to get back on this again. I had purchased a 02M 6 speed tranny a couple of years ago in preperation for the 02J breaking, so I took it and the motor down to Griffin Motorwerke to have 1st and 2nd gear shift forks upgraded and a Wavetrac LSD installed. While I'm at it I'm having Integrated Engineering con rods put in. It was supposed to just be the rods, but it turned out I had a small run engine in which odd pistons and rods were used, so I'm getting JE forged pistons as well. For the clutch we are going with a SPEC clutch and lightweight steel flywheel.

In preparation for the new tranny, I've had to redu the master/slave setup, and it was not cut and paste. (no surprise here) The new master is plastic and the slave is a circular part that actually surrounds the output shaft. I didn't know what the volumes of either were, so I'm re-creating the stock setup specifically having to utilize the quick connects that come stock. It will be nice when its done, but it's a PIA now. So on the master end, it's required a sleeve to allow the Wilwood pedal engage the new clutch master. My friend Micheal has been amazingly helpful with the odd machine jobs I've had to do and this was no exception. The old VW master had a large enough diameter rod that I was able to just cut threads right into it and utilize it by itself in the pedal assembly. The new plastic master has a smaller diameter shaft, so I needed to build an adapter to retain the use of the pedals.

1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Oval Ragster-'57 Rag/'04 Boxster S