View Single Post
Old November 28th 2002, 14:57

Jake,
Great advise on the different types of the Porsche alternator/fans; should have know that earlier....

Although I know disagreeing with you is like cursing in church (Dutch proverb), I got your remark on the use of the Porsche cooling fans and don't agree with you on that one. I still believe by just looking at the set-up of the porsche fan and its intended use (6 cyl engines over 200 hp) compared with the type 1 cooling system that the former is superior. Even the fluid dynamics of former threads can't convince me and I think I have at least Oliver with me on this one (?) Since the hp drawback is less (although slightly) than with a type 1 cooling system, I really don't understand your disliking of the porsche system. And I haven't even mention looks (or costs/availibility) as you have noticed! I just want the best cooling system on my engine, period.
Don't get me wrong, I really like your work and dedication and Jake's thougths on all other subjects.
But than again, you still promised us a test a the subject some (judgment) day...
Walter