View Single Post
Old August 15th 2022, 15:28

Well so far I have about 300 miles on the Beetle. It has been pretty hot in the PNW and I was experiencing higher coolant temps then I was really comfortable with. The car would climb up to 210 when in traffic and the fan wasn't powerful enough to get it back down near 195 which is where the subaru ecu shuts the electric fan back off. I decided to nearly double my CFM of the radiator fan and revised a new fan shroud with rubber flaps that should open at highway speeds but close when the fan is running. I also redesigned my 3d printed intakes in front of the Kamei spoiler to get more direct force fed air while driving at higher speeds. This all seems to have done the trick and she stays plenty cool now even in hot weather. I have mostly been working on finishing the interior at this point, still need to do carpet, seat upholstery etc. The latest fab project is a rear seat "delete." I like the way the rear seat looks but I dont plan on ever having any passengers. I have been building this box to go in the same place, allow a bit more clearance than the actual seat to the backs of the recaro's and also function as a storage space for tools, access to battery etc.

"