View Single Post
Old November 10th 2008, 11:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat View Post
I've just speaking from my experience. The 19mm stocker didn't feel right with the 944NA brakes, the pedal travel was too deep. Everything on the car was new/rebuilt, with fresh fluid in the system. It would brake, but you felt the need to pump the pedal to get the required volume. Swapped it over for a 23/19 MC and it was amazing. Tall pedal + great clamping = driver confidence. The 19mm MC worked, but the 23/19 worked MUCH better.

So, the question boils down to this: Has anyone used a 19mm stock MC on a 944 NA brake system with good success?

Lanner
I have left the standard 19/19 dual circuit m/c in my build up with turbo 4 pot calipers on the rear and for now the 944 N/A single pots on the front. All of this is with new hard lines and ss teflon hoses together with a bias valve in the rear line as I expect/want a rear bias that I can dial out at will. I have yet to fill the system so can't report on pedal feel but all my calcs lend themselves to a solid pedal. I also have a stepped 944 m/c should I need it but that would make the bias even more to the rear and was only anticipating using it with the 4 pot turbo calipers that I was looking to use should an upgrade be required.

What rear calipers are you running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by $aint View Post
Nice looking car!
Like your kind of diary style writing btw

Are those these plastic ones http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails....C%2DC10%2D7580 ?

If so, how does the light coming through the lens look?
I'm looking for a clean way to integrate my turn signals into my headlights, but I heard the light quality coming out of these isn't all that good.
I've got a pair of similar ones with a clear lens to go onto the '03 (Super). If those are anything like mine then they are Golf MK1 (Rabbit) and require new fitting tabs for the headlamp bowl. Also, I haven't yet worked out a quick way to change blown bulbs without completely dismantling the lamp, which of a foul weather night will be a serious pain especially on a competitive road rally. I wouldn't consider indicators within the lamp as over here several manufacturers have gone down that route for styling reasons only to make them difficult to see when the headlamps are on. There was some discussion over here about using the sidelight bulb in yellow as the indicator but that is even worse IMO as it will be only a 5 watt unit instead of the 21 watt required by law.

evilC