Thread: my gl project
View Single Post
Old April 14th 2006, 21:09

ive ordered audi 18" rs6 wheels they were the same price as porsche cup3's with out tyres so saw them as the more sensible option, they will be sprayed satin black i think

im an aprentice sprayer so will be painting it myself, the tyres ont he back now are 75's and 45's on the front so with the 18's on i think there will be a lot less rake..... i hope

got big plans ans on theroy she will be on the new rims in a few weeks, the trim will be painted and the body work will start to eb prepped to be sprayed,

can soem one tell em of thats apple green or not?
ithought ti was but lookign at moogs car it looks darker than that colour?

ive got an 80's whale tail for it but im not sure if i am going to put it on, its currently purple and black and very tacky, maybe smoothed onthe the decklid and all one color will look good will fit it to one of my old decklids and if it works will use it..... but serious doubts are in my mind about it at the moment

i am building it on an aprentices wage so everything is being done by me to save/cut, but i am very keen to get it done as soon as possible so that i can start saving for the karmann cabriolet long term project but i want thsi to be right first

tomorrows jobs are oil change, fix head light loose connection, make sure shes ready for the trip to mini's v beetles this weekend, alsp possibly remove trim and red scotch them prime and satin black them, depends on time and whether i have time to clean my gun, ive also got a wolfsburg edition carbon fibre gear know come which i am going to fit..... youve got to love that carbon fibre

Last edited by mini_kris; April 14th 2006 at 21:21.