View Single Post
Old January 30th 2013, 13:14

I'm a little confused about the rear calipers. The red ones (a pair) i know to be off a 996 (same as a BoxsterS?), while the Grey one (i have just one) is a 2.5 Boxster. They are exactly the same casting, just with the pad pins in different positions to accomodate either a 20mm disc or the fatter 24mm disc. I had heard from elsewhere about the early Boxster calipers being a much smaller caliper, so assumed my grey one was a late one and so bought another set from a '97 Boxster, only to find they were exactly as the grey one i have here. (Thankfully the Porsche breakers were very nice and took them back ) So I have been unable to identify an early Boxster caliper.

I had originally made up a mounting block for them as fitted to the stock 944 20mm rear disc, but then purchased some BoxsterS 24mm discs - these moved the caliper inboard about 3mm and also they are a larger diameter so a spacer there was needed as well. Even though the diameter is larger (282 -->299), moving them inboard slightly means they look like they will fit better inside the wheel due to the inner profile of the wheel. We shall see. I need to mock it up with the A-arm and wheel/tyre on the chassis with a wing on the body to see if i can run any spacers.

I will of course be using Lanner's "Swan" cable adapters and tubes that i purchased last year all very efficiently - Emailed from UK in the morning, paid for by lunchtime, received from across the Atlantic in 2 days - Top service
'02 Passat Sport Diseasel Estate ("Das Boot")
'05 Seat Leon FR, chipped (Mrs Moog's toy really...)

Last edited by Moog; January 31st 2013 at 19:23.