View Single Post
Old December 18th 2010, 18:39

Hi guys, the 915 gearbox is installed into the beetle, finally. I widened the original porsche front mount, and made some brackets for the rear craddle, inspired by pictures of Wally's old 915 install.
I didn't take any pictures yet, but I will. I still have alot to do untill it's gonna work, but I'm making progress.

Now here's something funny:

While I was at it, I was wondering if there's any OEM 200 mm clutch disc available on the market, to fit the original 1.6 beetle engine to the 915 gearbox, and it turns out there is!!!
I went through the Sachs online catalogue and discovered alot of cars use this type of disc! Like Fiats, Seat, Lancia, Moskwitch, and Lada! )
So I bought one of these discs, to try it on and it perfectly fits both the gearbox and the beetle flywheel/pressure plate!

Other than that, I've been gathering a bunch of shiny parts for my type4 engine, but I'm still far from installing it in the bug.

I'm so happy I got this dry sump tank on e-bay for about 90Usd incl. shipping! So the new engine will be dry sump

And today I sourced a new original Kamei spoiler for an awesome price, and I couldnt resist buying it, eaventho my bug is probably too low for it. I'm thinking about raising it a little maybe...