View Single Post
Old March 6th 2011, 12:37

I'm finally almost ready with the gearbox install. I've been trying to sort all the final details out.
I machined the 911 starter, by taking 4mm out of it's mating flange. From my understanding 5mm are needed, but I wanted to be safe and not to leave those 2 brackets too thin. Hope it's gona be enough.

I modified the original porsche guidance tube to accept the bug throw-out bearing. It came out quite nice.

I reversed the shift fork , re-routed the cable guide inside the tunnel to come out on the right lower side, instead of the original left upper position. Used a bug clutch lever. I wanted to go hydraulic but my budget doesnt allow it yet...
Everything fits well, but the bearing throw that the max pedal gives is immense or so it seems to me. I think I either have to lenghten that cluth lever, or make some sort of adjustable stop on the pedal.

And I've bought one more type4 engine which I intend on using for this season. It's a 1.7L. I replaced the pistons with domed ones. And I'm slowly mounting all the accesories on it. Hope to have it running in a couple of weeks.