View Single Post
Old January 28th 2012, 13:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by effvee View Post
I'll say one thing that I didn't like with my cylinders. Jorge had the Machinst trim my fins. I did not instruct Jorge to trim my fines
You did say fix the cyl's so their usable, since you were not taking them back to the machinist who screwed them up to begin with, and the fins had to be cut in order for you to use them.

If you had tried to mock up the cyl's with the studs you would have found the problem. Jorge had asked me to mock them up on my case to check for any issues with mounting and becase my case was cut for 103mm cyl's and it had the long stroker studs installed.

There are a left & right cyl, the left cyl fit no. 2 & no. 3 cyl position, the right cyl will fit the no. 1 & 4 cyl position in the case, that is partially because of the where the fins are cut so they can sit next to each other and the other side where the notch is to clear the case, then there is also because of the well know fact that the Type lV has the off set stud pattern of which the bottom 2 studs are wider than they are at the top, which means the cyl's can not be fliped upside down .

Your machinist that had drilled the stud holes and trimmed the cyl's for clearance made you 4 left cyl's, and the only fix was to machine all the cyl fins the same so they would fit the stud pattern and have the capacity to cool the same.