View Single Post
Old September 25th 2006, 22:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Triumph View Post
Coolant tubes in the heater channels?

If a type one was used with a reversed mount, would that allow DOHC covers to clear the bodywork?

Again, sorry for all the questions.
Don't worry about the quesitons. I'll try to answer the questions I can. About your coolant lines. What is the car going to be used for? Daily driver...? I think the lines in the channels is a good idea, but if by some chance you have a problem you can forget about trying to get to them. I concidered this route myself.

I'm not sure about reaversing the rear mount. I think you gain about 2". I'm sure it would help, but the belt covers would still be close for clearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVW View Post
The problem with reverse mounting a type one is reversing the ring and pinion. There is a lot of controversy about the gears ability to handle the high load in the opposite direction. There are type one transmissions that are built for drag and sand racing which should handle the power of the turbo suby motor. I can't imagine they are cheap though.

Mike
The way it looks to me, he wasn't talking about a mid engine. He was talking about reversing the rear craddle mount. To move the transmission forward.
'64 Ghia - Project!!-Subaru EJ20T, MS/EDIS, 993 brakes, 914 Tranny...