View Single Post
Old March 27th 2005, 16:40

Ok, Done a small load of rewiring behind the dashboard today... Managed to remove several metres of unneeded/overcomplicated wiring! Took a while as I was checking where each wire went to/from as I was doing it. Lot less wiring and its all now nicely tie-wrapped together. Still more to do behind there, but I manged to wire up all the new dashboard bits (moved gauge, extra warning lights and the two switches).
No pictures as I forgot my camera! Doh!

Here's some pictures from a few days ago, showing the work I am doing on the front wing... was involved in a crash a few years ago and the front wing still had crazing in the gelcoat from that... So I followed EVERY crack with a screwdriver to open it up enough to get filler in there... Its now almost flat and ready for paint. Theres other bodywork going on with the outside, as any imperfections are being removed and made good.

Also you can see where I shifted the MSD to, under the rear seat. Black paint was still wet at this point!

More to do tomorrow, and I will remember my camera! Then its back to work on tues Good job we are now on BST so get an extra hour of light each evening (clocks go forward 1hr).. Gives me light to do work on the car when I finish work!

Going to use this thread as a sort of project log

Cya,
Sam C
Raby 2270, B spec gearbox, Lots of carbon fibre, Wolfrace Octane Black 17x7.5, Goodyear Eagle F1's, Kerscher suspension front and rear, kamei airdam in carbon, corbeau seats, momo millunium steering wheel.
CDT eurosport 6.5 front speakers, IDMAX 12D2 sub, rockford old school amps.