View Single Post
Old March 28th 2005, 17:32

Today I finished up some wiring, started pulling the electric windows wiring apart so I can reposition the brain and rerun the wiring in a far tidier way.
Then we started hunting down the play in the steering, tried the adjuster on the box and it didnt make any difference, took the wheel apart to check the big nut and that was fine, then took the fueltank out and checked the universal joints... One of them was not locking in properly, so replaced it with a spare I had lying around, works perfectly again!

Under the fuel tank, all nicely wax-oyl'd. It was the Universale joint in this picture that was the cause of all my problems, so replaced with a spare one I had.

New fuel filler hose, old one was of unknown age and didnt feel like it was in great condition so I replaced it:

Also moved the fuel pump to a new home, to allow easier access to the steering box adjuster.

Old location, You can see the cap over the steering box right below it:

New location allows far better access, and is a far nicer shape for the fuel hose.

Got to go back to work tomorrow, wont be working on the car in the evening... May have some news on the engine delivery though.. Fingers crossed.

Cya,
Sam C
Raby 2270, B spec gearbox, Lots of carbon fibre, Wolfrace Octane Black 17x7.5, Goodyear Eagle F1's, Kerscher suspension front and rear, kamei airdam in carbon, corbeau seats, momo millunium steering wheel.
CDT eurosport 6.5 front speakers, IDMAX 12D2 sub, rockford old school amps.

Last edited by samcat; March 28th 2005 at 17:39.