Thread: 911 Fan Shroud
View Single Post
Old April 15th 2003, 19:31

This particular engine was different!

The customer originally had purchased a DTM kit, the order was never filled(just like alot of others).

The customer had to make his mind up so we ended up splitting the case again and machining for the 911 fan. The engine combo was already assembled, so it had to stay the same as any other version C. The 2 engines in question had the same deck height, same head cc, same valve margins, same cam, same everything. Looking at the specs all I can see that was different was the rod side clearances and the pushrod length (which is rarely the same) we netted the same valve lifts and the works!

This engine was directly tested against another 2270 Version C oon the same day, same dyno, same tank of fuel and same operator. We never even planned it that way till we decided to do the back to back testing.

There was no other changes,neither overheated, but one did stay much cooler, and thats not the one with the huge fan.

More air is not the answer, efficiently routed air, is..... believe me if you want, come watch me and you will doubt no more.