View Single Post
Old October 5th 2005, 21:55

got a good one.... while putting down the hardwood floor in our computer room i had to do alot of cutting and ripping with the circular saw. you should know where this is going already. anyways, i was ripping my last set of boards when i had some trouble . the rips were very thin and the first two had fallen to the floor as the saw finished the cut and broken. i only had 2 more matching boards left. i decided as the saw was finishing the cut this time i would grab the peices b4 they hit the floor and broke. so when the saw finished the cut i reached to grab them , only the saw wasnt finished cutting. it still had my middle and ring fingers left to cut. it did its job. i was scared to say the least b/c it was around 11 pm on a sat. not a good time to go to the E.R so i wrapped them in a towel b4 i even got a glance at them. i did see the floor however and it had a pretty big blood spatter on it. i finished the floor and hung the door while my wife was on the phone. i still had not looked at my fingers , or told my wife . i went through 3 shop rags b4 i got the courage to look. i was expecting to see two nubs. luckily the saw had only gotten the very tip ends of those fingers and the cut did not even require stitches, not that i would have gotten them anyway, so it worked out for the best . it did hurt like h#$$ for several days. so see there zen you havent lost any fingers have you ?