View Single Post
Old June 2nd 2009, 23:02

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback,
For starters, I live in Burlington, so the car didn't have to go far

The motor is up in the air at the moment. Im going to run the original 1600 for a while, since I have high asperations for the final motor.
But don't fear! I'm going to be building the engine bay with interchanging motors in mind.

The whole pan is redone, and I put braces in the channel where the body bolts go from front to back with 1" square tube. The seat mounts on the floor I cut off and replaced with a frame that connects the bracing on the sides of the pan to the tunnel. I mounted a rhd mk2 golf rack I got from the UK in place of the old steering box. The car has a 91' passat column which fits great. For the rear, I blasted and painted everything, got a swaybar and new torsion bars. The torsion bars are swingaxle sized though. I am using original arms with the 944 hub assembly, I'd really like some aluminum peices.

As for the final product, Im not to sure where I'd like to start. I am going to keep it with germanlook styling in mind, but the main theme would probably be road/race.
I want to keep it stripped down, but somewhat livable. Lots of carbon peices, a rollbar, two seats and a stereo.

I'll get some photos this weekend when I have the time!

Again, thanks!

Jesse

Last edited by panic; April 16th 2013 at 22:14.