View Single Post
Old June 17th 2003, 02:22

Hello-

Shad, I am not using stock trailing arms. With the tubular arms that I知 using, the heim joint bolts directly to the outside bracket. I知 referring to the plate to which the spring plate would normally bolt. On the arms that I知 using this plate is 3 ス inches longer with the threaded coupling for the heim joint weld at the end. Therefore, there are no bolts are spring plate to get in the way of the tires. Also, this plate is slightly inboard compared to the stock arms and the heim joint is much more inboard compared to the Eagle Products kit. I have the heim joint located very close to the point at which the inner bushing axis intersects the axis running through the center of the torsion tube. I think that is important.

Ah, gotcha. I thought you had the Eagle setup, so I was confused by what you said. It all makes sense now :-).

Ok, now I知 going to show my ignorance again. What are "isolation" heim joints?

What Panelfantastic said is correct.

Thanks again Shad. I really do appreciate you taking the time to educate me on this subject. I知 looking forward to getting my suspension completed so I can start on the engine with a set of those Biral Babies.

No problem! Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner... life is quite hectic right now... <sigh>

Take care,