View Single Post
Old February 7th 2011, 05:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
I have found the cause: my feed pump wasn't running well and I got stranded because it didn't run at that moment at all anymore!
Logical that when you have no fuel anymore, the engine dies out...duh!

I had a spare 944 pump I switched over and it started cold immediately again :mrgreen:
Pffft!
I left the fuel pressure to 60 psi, so according to the flow sheet that should give me 1180 cc, which should be enough anyways. Just need to re-map the fuel map but thats no biggie.

Very glad it was something this simple, but scary as it could have ended far worse. Amazingly and fortunately the engine held...
Hi,

I'm far from your level of power but running an EFI also and I recently had fuel delivery issues... It had nothing to do with the pump but by testing, I was amazed at how long the engine keeps running with the pump unplugged...
I've therefore decided to play it safe, always have a second pump in place, in case the first one lets go far from home...

Hope yours holds from now on...

And if I may add, you're car and its engine and quite amazing... and every time I recieve the "Post update", I just can't help thinking : What if I added even a small turbo to my 2007...

Sebastien