View Single Post
Old February 7th 2011, 15:26

Haha!

I really dunno MX67 where the limit of what component truly is.
You have to understand that this set-up was really meant just to be similar or slightly better then the 220hp n/a 2,7 ltr engine its partly damaged parts came from. That 220 goal was very easily reached and now we're approaching almost double that! So the turbocharging concept has really surprised me and quickly made me realise how much potential it has. I always thought a type 4 would be very suitable for a turbo due to the inherent strength and better cooling possibilities, but now I am at a point where I really don't seem to know anymore where it stops.
That alone is very exiting and makes me very enthousiastic to explore whats ultimately possible.
It also means I really really have no idea where the limit is. The turbo has a theoretical hp potential at about 700-720 if it was used on an Evo at 30-35 psi. At least thats my guesstimate with what it flows. So there's no limit there. All inlet and exhaust restrictions on my engine are non-exitent anymore with the latest updates. So, the only restriction imo at the moment is the cam with its relatively low lift and duration.
Still, if you see how power still seems to want to climb past 7K, it isn't that bad . The 114LC makes it a wide powerband and you see and feel that.
If you see that 0.3 bar more boost made 50 additional hp, maybe more (60?) if fuel had kept flowing, then 1.6 bar could bring ~450-460 hp... Not clear what will break first if anything, or when the mild cam will hinder flow to choke point.
The potential is surely there, thats also what makes it so exiting imo.

You're old too Mark!

Last edited by Wally; February 7th 2011 at 15:52.