View Single Post
Old April 5th 2006, 15:14

wrenchnride247,

Unfortunately I dont know of such a service here(close to me) in France. I will ask the wife to help me if she has got a minute, as my (reading)French is just about non-existant(heck, I can barely get along speaking French!) to see if she can help me trace down such a company. The other problem that I have got at the moment, is that my current employer seems 'scared' to share too much info with me. He is a VW-nut too, that is his business. But I get the idea that he might think I want to open my own business and be his competition... He is a super nice guy, but these last two months or so, I get mixed vibes from him and his wife(it's their business), and I am afraid to say that I might be without a job for the second summer in a row end of June...... So getting him to 'reveal' where he gets his supplies from is difficult(it is extremely difficult to find a 'normal' paint supply store here<closeby> in France)

<hint hint> If there are French members active on here, would you perhaps be able to help?

MikeVW,
I will have a look into the products you mentioned. I might just be in luck finding a supplier in France to supply these things.

EASY RIDER,
Thanks for your input too. I actually forgot to ask the wife if she has got an idea where I might be able to find dry ice(local ice cream supply store, grocery sotre etc).

fastdub,
I have been thinking about the very same thing today. I can either try and 'chip' it off until there is only a VERY thin coat left, apply paint stripper onto the rest and power wash/wife it off, *or* once there is only a thin coat left, see if my employer will THEN give me a price to sandblast the rest off. I just wish I could get the thing dipped in acid or something to get it properly clean!

Thanks fellas for the input! If there is someone else whose mistakes I can learn from, please feel free to share them