Thread: F'ing VWoA
View Single Post
Old July 25th 2004, 20:40

F'ing VWoA

This one is very near and dear to my heart so bear wit me. I'm a huge Transformers fan evr since I was a lil tike. There is a live action movie in the works, I've know about that for a minute or two. Anyways it's looking like my favorite Autobot, Bumblebee, is not going to be in the script because he is obviously a VW Beetle and VWoA greed with copyrighting the beetle image is causing this. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I am so pissed! If you think about it, it would be a great marketing opurtunity(?) for vw to get some free advertising since Bumblebee was one of the main characters. Now the question is will Porsche do the same with Jazz since he was a 944, or Lamborgini, Mack truck, Jeep....
On a side note, there is a new line of Transformer toys where they modernized the older toys and they can't get permission to use the new beetle for the modern Bumblebee. I am so embarased by how greedy VWoA has become these last 6 years. I never recommend there products to possible customers, and I will never support them in anyway. I will always be a fan of a hopped up older products, the stock ones do nothing for me.

Nick

PS sorry about the rant, but I had to vent.