View Single Post
Old April 6th 2013, 05:10

Quote:
If actual copyrights and/or patents are being violated, I'm 100% against it. So far, I am reading conjecture and suppositions fortified with opinions.

As for Remmelle, it is 100% his choice if he doesn't want to deal with international customers. But wasn't the complaint with him (or the company) he took money for ordered parts and then did nothing? If that is the case, I don't care what happened to him, his company or his family members; he has no right to steal money and then hide an ocean away.
Part of the copycat problem is it costs too much money and time to file a patent,itīs just not worth it and the patent is time limited anyway.Things like a running board,fender,hood,door you wonīt get a patent on it because that is essentially a copy also,only with a different material and itīs not a competition to an OEM part.As for Remmele stealing money...donīt believe everything you hear/read on the internet and it is simply not true.If you have a business,you wonīt get away with it - there are agencies that specialize in global commerce and it is just as easy to file a lawsuit on a company across the pond as it is locally,it just costs more.There is always 2 sides to the story.That said,every shop or company has had issues with customers and always will.My opinion is,if I had been ripped off a couple thousand dollars by a company as some people say they have been,I find it hard to believe that they havenīt done anything about it, except gripe on the internet.As for doing business across the pond...the main problem is shipping these bulky parts.Not every carrier will ship them and if they do,itīs expensive.Itīs not the weight itīs the size of the package after packing.Remmele himself has given up on getting mad about other companies copying his products.For one thereīs not much he can do about it as he says that would be worth it,and the second thing is,most do not even come close to the quality.