View Single Post
Old February 20th 2006, 03:12

I agree with Zen, the personality is what determines it's name. And sometimes when you least expect it a name pops up. You can pretty much tell the gender of your car. Most car's I've seen on this website have more balls than a billiard table. My 1302 is obviously masculine.
Until I was slammed by a drunk driver I had a 1.8 turbo New Beetle, yellow in color. Mind you it wasn't the fastest car in the world but for a stock, un modified car it had a lot of pep. My youngest daughter named the car. She called it Rufus, named after the Disney cartoon character. She said it was a "pint sized super hero". The name stuck. Like I said, sadly Rufus died in September. (ok here's the part where you all kinda stare at me blindly and wonder what I'm smokin') See I'm an Anime nut. I named my 1302 after Alphonse (Al for short) from Full Metal Alchemist. He's pretty much a hulk of empty armor with a soul. Young at heart, yet dangerous. I think it suits him quite well. Some folks think it's...well...strange to name a car. I say go tell that to Christine! Others question my manhood when they find out that I've named the car, especially a male name. To which I reply "Hey, I don't have a need to drive around in a great big shiny penis to compensate for my shortcomings!" They pretty much grumble a few expletives at me but they always shut up!
Man when I saw you wrote the color of you car was platinum, I started having flashbacks. My ex-girlfriend preferred platinum. Why? Because it costs more than gold! One of the reasons she's my ex! Not related, but I have insomnia and at this point I know not what I'm writing!
You could always name you car Charity and claim it on your taxes! "Yeah
last year I gave like three grand to "Charity"!
Good luck in your search for a name, but remember the car usually tells you what it's name is. So don't beat your head against the wall!

Cheers